What 2" lowering coils would you consider the sportiest, as in handling wise

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma
What brand would you guys recomend, that don't ride ridiculously stiff, and handle really well.
I have a used set on mine, and they ride like complete ****,(Don't even know the brand)
Some input would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: What 2" lowering coils would you consider the sportiest, as in handling wise

Eibach or Hotchkis. Since Hotchkis has discontinued their OBS coils, I'd go Eibach.

I had 2" Eibach coils on my '91 when it was static dropped and I had a pair of 3" Eibach coils on my '99 Yukon. Both sets rode and handled great.

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma
Re: What 2" lowering coils would you consider the sportiest, as in handling wise

Thats where I'm at right now, and those say they will only lower 1-1.5"
Is that still really a 2" coil, or not.
Cause I need the 2 inches.

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma

I'm guessing the 3812.520 is the spring listed on autoanything.
And if it is, have you ever used autoanything, or heard any bad things about it.

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma

hmmm, well I am gonna go put some money in the bank in a day or so, and get those shipping my way.

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma

Also, the "3812.520" is actually a truck coil, cause they only coil they have listed for my tahoe is a (1") drop,
The 3812.520 should still work for my tahoe right?

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma

mmmm, I'm researching autoanything, and they don't have a whole lot of good reviews, from what I can see, is it's taking a risk by ordering through them. there are very few good reviews.

Dec 3, 2008
Oklahoma

If they hotchkis still has some, would you prefer them over eibach?
I'll give them a call tomorrow, cause I'm sure it's a little late to call them now.

Tigwldr

Jul 18, 2008
NC

I would prefer them, only because I have used them in the past with amazing results. Great price to. I paid 100 for mine.
Remember though, its not just the coil, its the shock and coil combo which is going to give you superior handling.

Tigwldr

Jul 18, 2008
NC

I have heard good things about DT shocks. I'm considering the 2.0 shock made by DT. I hear they can build them to your spec.