White chevy truck pics

May 26, 2014
Wisconsin
Re: White chevy truck pics

This was taken in the fitting stage of my 98 GMC grill swap. Its now finished with the exception of the clear lights that I am thinking of ordering.

May 26, 2014
Wisconsin

I know there has to be more white chevy trucks around here. Come on guys post up. I want to see them too. I'll add another. Here is the actual currant revision of mine. I am now convinced to go with the all clear conversion as well, and definately made up my mind to hunt down a cowl hood. Think I am going to lose the bug guard too. I also picked up a lower stock black air deflector for the bumper. Going to paint it while to give it a air dam look for now till I can come up with something better.

Last edited:
May 26, 2014
Wisconsin

More white chevys please.

Here is another update on my conversion. Removed the bug sheild, and got that factory air deflector painted white and installed tonight.

May 26, 2014
Wisconsin

I think the next thing I will address is the farmer running boards. I have a set of fiberglass lund boards that look like ground effects. Problem is they are made for a short box SRW. I think I will get the cab sections painted some time next week to match the truck. Then if I get them mounted I have something to work off of to modify the box sections to fit. So far all my mods have totaled less than $50 with the running boards included in there. The clear lights are going to be my major investment.

May 26, 2014
Wisconsin

Got me some clear signals today from the junk yard my buddy owns. Cost? $0.00 The rest of the set is still on the truck but the side markers are both broken and the reflectors are good. Anyone know if you can get them seperate or do I have to buy a full set?

May 26, 2014
Wisconsin

LMAO Just did a search for them and found a full set for $14.95 with free shipping on ebay. Gonna have my buddy at the junk yard order them tomorrow. It's a Paypal only sale and I dont have paypal.

May 26, 2014
Wisconsin

colormatch....mirrirs, door handles, bumper insert. Please NO black wheels or cow basher. I would also remove all side badging as well.

Sweet truck though as is.

Mar 31, 2013
Northern IL

I've got my stuff for debadge/demolding just haven't gotten around to doing it. I really want the z71 split grille but that comes colormatched so I would have to do the whole front or it would just look out of place. I'll probably eventually do that, and rear bumper inserts as well. I don't think I'll do mirrors or door handles, I do like a little bit of contrast. No worries on black wheels or cow bashers, I think both look like crap.

I was going for as much white/chrome as possible. Taillights are clear with red LEDs (looks white but lights up RED). The side markers and running lights are clear with amber LEDs. Something to note about the clear after-market lights/lenses: they yellow REALLY fast - which is probably why they're so cheap.

Black body-side moldings were removed and the door handles are now chrome. The black strips were removed from the bumpers and the holes were filled with stainless steel carriage bolts and washers - looks kind of "road warrior'! I did paint the wheel wells flat black because white wheel wells look stupid! Still need to paint the side mirrors. I would put silver-mirror tint on the windows, but it's illegal in my state.